Welcome to the JC Tech Review Blog

A little about myself...
I am an IT professional and consultant with over a decade of Microsoft-certified experience. I have grown up my entire life exposed to tech since my first IBM AT/x386 and the Mac Classic.

Exploring the Cutting Edge
I am an overclocker, enthusiastic and evangelist of consumer electronics and applications. As a hobbyist, I am always combining hardware or modifying API's to push the boundaries of what we define as "cool" or "game changing".

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dell U2412m e-IPS compared to TN Monitor Review



Benefits

  • 24 Inch e-IPS Monitor
  • 16:10 ratio (much better for viewing webpages than 16:9, imho)
  • LED Display - lower heat compared to LCD's
  • Great Color - much richer tones
  • No noticeable lag vs old 2ms TN monitor (SC2 ranking actually went up)
  • It can pivot 90 degrees, horizontal and vertical; although I have yet to take advantage of this feature
  • It is nicely adjustable for height, pitch and pivot. Solid stand.

Buying Decision

After a lot of Dell deals and mass sellers went by for ~$300, I decided to buy from this Amazon store instead. I'm very happy with my purchase, and my eyes are happy too!

You can now get this monitor just as cheap or cheaper after shipping with the same 3 year warranty from Amazon Marketplace. Scroll down to the "NEW" section to see other retailer prices. I got mine from a NY retailer "battery_juice" with no issues.

Un-boxing Fun

During the un-boxing, you may notice that the screen cover is actually quite large. Please note the pictorial warning and do not allow any babies to use it as a cave! Although it may be just large enough to be used as a small hot air-balloon.
Monitor cover bags are not toys!!

Here are some other good reviews for this monitor