Welcome to the JC Tech Review Blog

A little about myself...
I am an IT professional and consultant with over a decade of Microsoft-certified experience. I have grown up my entire life exposed to tech since my first IBM AT/x386 and the Mac Classic.

Exploring the Cutting Edge
I am an overclocker, enthusiastic and evangelist of consumer electronics and applications. As a hobbyist, I am always combining hardware or modifying API's to push the boundaries of what we define as "cool" or "game changing".

Friday, December 24, 2010

Verizon iPad App

Just released app, that allows you to control your Verizon STB via the iPad.

Pros:
After some initial syncing with my account, I tested it out and found it fairly responsive.  There is a slight lag but nothing too bad. It is nice to be able to also get DVR and top shows accessed from the same app as well.

Cons:
My only major gripe in terms of the interface is that it operates in Portrait mode only, it does not work in Landscape. Also if you Log out from the interface and try to log back in, sometimes you need to reconnect the App via the confirmation 4-digit pin again.

Check out my play test of this new iPad app below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K32Q8UXGKJc