Welcome to the JC Tech Review Blog

A little about myself...
I am an IT professional and consultant with over a decade of Microsoft-certified experience. I have grown up my entire life exposed to tech since my first IBM AT/x386 and the Mac Classic.

Exploring the Cutting Edge
I am an overclocker, enthusiastic and evangelist of consumer electronics and applications. As a hobbyist, I am always combining hardware or modifying API's to push the boundaries of what we define as "cool" or "game changing".

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Welcome to the JC Tech Review Blog - First Post

Welcome readers!
In this new tech blog, I will be covering new, trendy, and cutting edge in the world of gadgets/tech.

A little about myself...
I am an IT professional and consultant with over a decade of Microsoft-certified experience.  I have grown up my entire life exposed to tech since my first IBM AT/x386 and the Mac Classic.  I am an overclocker, enthusiastic and evangelist of consumer electronics and applications. As a hobbyist, I am always combining hardware or modifying API's to push the boundaries of what we define as "cool" or "game changing".

Evolution of Tech
The 90's brought us a tech boom of software, the 00's reinvented Web 2.0 and Cloud computing, and now in the 10's - we see the fusion of powerful, micron-sized electronics (from smartphones, iPads/tablets, to internet TV).

We continue to push the limits of how much battery life we can expect from a cell phone or laptop.  Energy and electricity are now fuel in a Car.  The highway of Bandwidth is wider than ever before...3G, 4G, WiMax.  We have devices like [Square] that can be hooked into your iPhone and swipe credit cards for transactions. I remember reading Bill Gates' book "The Road Ahead" when I was in middle school - look how far we've come!

My first blog review: the iPad Review...
In my first review, I will be coving the new Mac iPad - what this means for the future of Print (magazines, newspapers, books) and also how we access info through the day.

Welcome and please send suggestions for new tech you'd like me to cover!